Friday, August 12, 2005

Women can be mean too

We have a 4th year pharmacy student with us this month in the pharmacy. He is doing a required clerkship with us where you basically work as slave labor 40 hours a week and you pay tuition for it. During the last week of the rotation we try to have a little potluck lunch in honor of the student as a thank you of sorts. Small compensation, but we like any excuse to bring food into the pharmacy. The pharmacists especially like this because we pretty much never get any time off for lunches. Having food nearby at least guarantees a 20-second gorging in between phone calls. One of the pharmacy techs brings a crock-pot with some kind of beef and potato stew. Here is where the fun (and meanness) happened. Apparently one of the other techs thought it was too bland. On one of her breaks she bought on of those spice envelopes with chili powder and stuff in it. She unceremoniously dumped the whole package into the crock pot, stirs it up, tastes it and declares, "That's better!". I just can't get that imagary out of my head. Holding the spice envelope over the pot, looking the other person right in the eyes, and dumping the whole thing in right in front of everyone else with a "What are YOU gonna do about it?" look on her face. It's the female equivalent of a guy doing a crossover dribble on the basketball court, dunking the ball over your head and declaring that he did it all because he just slept with your mom the night before.

In yo FACE bland-soup-maker!!

Maybe you had to be there.

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger shell said...

I see it. Man, that's one smug lady (if you could even call her that.)

I wish someone would have complained loudly "OH my stomache...all that spicy sauce made my intestines churn... I'm calling up my lawyer..." [Enter shellvester]

That ought to make a sweat a little, one hopes.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Vanillahip said...

I don't think she did it to be mean..she's kind of the mother hen of the pharmacy. The maker of the stew wasn't even offended...at least maybe not until I pointed out how funny it was!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Vanillahip said...

As I am getting comments I realize I made the soup-Nazi sound much worse than she really was. It was more in the spirit of improving the soup you know?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger shell said...

What can I say? You're a great storyteller.

If you didn't emphasize the vileness of the antagonist, it wouldn't be as exciting.

This is a wonderful sign. You're obvious a cool dad who tells great fairytales. Congrats!

How's that for a twist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home