Friday, August 05, 2005

What should this blog be about?

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. They come from all walks of life and fall into just about any category you can think of. It makes me wonder where I want "this" blog to fall. Some blogs are done every day by essentially professional writers and read better than your average newspaper. Then there are others that are no more than narcissistic whining about which nobody but the author (and maybe their mom) gives a rip.

I am nowhere near a professional writer. There is also no way I can post something decent every day. Most of the subjects I feel like writing about will come dangerously close to narcissistic whining of my own. So I guess my answer boils down to, "What is the point of this thing?"

The short answer is the one I am going to go with for now. It is this: BLOGGING IS BASICALLY DONE JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT!

Wow that really takes the pressure off. Blog-on you chicken fuckers!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I changed the purpose of my blog several times. First, it was because everyone else had one. And I want one too (plus that allowed me to comment on other people's blogs.) Then I started to rant, etc. Eventually I wrote about law school, my emotions, thoughts on events that mattered to me, etc. Now I just write whatever that comes into my mind (though I tried to organize it and make a theme out of it for the sake of making it more readable.)

At times, it's not really about what you give to the readers (although it's nice to have interaction with lots of ppl who you don't need to worry about judging you on a daily basis), but what satisfaction a blog brings (e.g. sense of self-importance, as you'd said earlier). For me, blog is an excellent way to hone my writing skills and expand my creativity.

Give it some time. You'll see - something will come out of it.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Vanillahip said...

Sorry, I just think it's funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home