Sunday, November 14, 2004

Long Time No Blog

Hey everyone...I just thought I had better get something up or you might think something is wrong with me. Well, something IS wrong with me. I have rediscovered something I used to do ages ago. It has been so long that I barely remember what it is called, or if it is even called the same thing now. It's called...

Reading for pleasure.

I dusted off all of my old Sci-Fi and Fantasy books we have accumulated over the past 20 years. Mrs Gorilla and I are powering through them like J-Lo powers thru boyfriends.

Anyone have a reading suggestion? I will read it and you can live through me vicariously. I like stories where a farm-boy ends being a powerful king or warrior or something like that. You know, rags-to-riches stuff. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heinlein - "Door into Summer", "Friday", "Stranger in a Strange Land."

"The Deed of Paksenarion" - I forget the author. Farm girl runs away, becomes a kick ass fighter, saves the world. Lots of magic and fighting.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Vanillahip said...

good choices..I have read "deed" and the "stranger" books..but the others look good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home