Friday, October 29, 2004

Camping

I hate to brag, but I will be camping all weekend! Hopefully the weather will cool off some so the fire will that much more dramatic. Every camping trip I have ever taken has had this perfect moment of Zen where even if for just a moment, all is perfect in the world. It usually involves me being in front of a fire with some kind of beverage in my hand, listening to the wind rustle through the trees and making the fields of grass undulate like a green ocean. That's all it takes. Those small moments have become unbelievably precious to me.

If dragging 2 young kids and a "cranky" wife camping gets me just 5 minutes of Zen out of a whole weekend it is all worth it!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Legal Quandary said...

Mrs. Gorilla has told me how much she likes to camp - I think you're making the cranky part up.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Vanillahip said...

She's not cranky because we are going camping..she is just cranky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home